Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Searching for Gatsby: A Ronnie Lake Murder Mystery - Review

Hello, Everyone! As many of you may know by now, I am a bookworm. I love a good book, and I had the chance to read a good mystery over the long weekend. So, I thought I'd share it with you today!

Searching for Gatsby: A Ronnie Lake Murder Mystery (An Accidental Lady Detective, A Private Investigator Crime Series Book 3)Searching for Gatsby: A Ronnie Lake Murder Mystery by Niki Danforth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the third Ronnie Lake mystery in the series, and the third I've read. I have to say, I do believe this is the best one to date. I could not call the writing anything less than masterful.

I think the latent humanity of each of the characters in this book is what makes me find them so endearing. Nothing comes off as too far-fetched or unbelievable, and all is revealed in due time. Well, there is one thing... but for that, you will need to wait and see!

The cast of characters includes affectionate friends and family members, snobby elitists with secrets of their own, and, of course, a budding chemistry with the most eligible and mysterious man in town. There are still others who might not be what they seem.

Even the dogs in this story have their own personalities and history. I couldn't help but love them both.

I simply adore the main character of this series. She is down to earth and caring, yet she isn't young and naive. Her life is well rounded. She does things, yet she doesn't obsess over any of it.

She is inexperienced enough in her craft to make some mistakes, yet intelligent enough to piece through and find even the most elusive clues. Yet, the act of putting them all together is what makes this story strong.

One of the things I found interesting about this book is that the mystery is themed around books. It is a book lover's kind of book. It is the mystery, though, that makes it. Filled with twists and unexpected turns, there is one surprise after another. The details are tremendous. I love a good mystery, and this one grabbed me.

I have become a big fan of this author and the Ronnie Lake series. I can't wait for the next one!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive