Thursday, October 8, 2015

Another Update and a New Sweeps!

The view of our former cabin-home, as seen from the island that sits across from it. The tree next to the deck, toward the left side of your screen, is the one that came down in the storm. Now it will be a cabin.


Today I thought I would take a few moments to update everyone on our house situation, as things have progressed. For new readers, the cabin on the Mississippi River that was our full time home, had a tree fall on it in a violent storm this past spring. There was tremendous damage to the home and personal property within, so I have been temporarily staying in a nice fifth wheel camper since that time.

Now, we have decided to buy a new home in the Quad Cities area of Illinois/Iowa. Though we loved our life on the river, excessive flooding in recent years had created too much hardship to be able to continue living there full time, with the turn of events. I do believe we have made the best choice we could.

Now, we will be putting a new roof on the cabin, to get started with the extensive work that needs to be done. With that done, we can then continue to work on various projects as we see fit, without the pressure of it being our sole place to live. This will again make doing these things an enjoyable task, as opposed to a stress-filled chore. I still love it : )

In other news, a while back I reported to you in this post about winning third prize in a Garden Tower Giveaway, of a $100 off coupon. Being in the flood survival situation that I was in for about 12 years, a deck garden was very important to me, so I had looked forward to getting a Garden Tower for some time, to try it on for size. Unfortunately, it didn't work out at the time.

Well, the good news is that they recently sent me a second chance coupon! Since the new home has a small fenced in yard, it will work well for our dogs, but not so much for a garden of any sizable area. So, I am thrilled to say that I was able to order a Garden Tower with the second chance coupon, for our new house now! Yay!

With this bit of good news, I found that Burpee is offering a Garden Tower prize in a current sweepstakes, so I thought I'd list this one for today. It really is a magnificent prize! Of course, the leaf mulcher and Burpee gift cards are certainly as welcome, as any gardener knows!

Burpee's Fall in Love with Gardening Sweepstakes

* Grand prize is a Garden Tower 2 and a $150 Burpee Gift Card. Total ARV $510.
* 5 Second prizes, each a Leaf Eater Mulcher. ARV $199.95, each.
* 10 Third prizes, each a $50 Burpee Gift Card. ARV $50, each.

One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 26, 2015.

JuiceBeauty.com
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive