Friday, September 12, 2014
Food related prizes are the stars in today's post. If you like your food at home, Johnsonville has you covered. If you like to travel to interesting food and wine destinations, then Hamptons Lane just might take you there!
Lastly, Dominos Pizza is offering a fun contest of sorts (technically, they call it a "Quikly.") For this, the fastest to click will win. You must opt in in advance, and they will notify you when the contest goes live. You must act now to get in, though, as only the first 200,000 to register will get get to play!
Johnsonville :30 Second Morning Hack Sweepstakes
This sweeps has a "Pinterest 30 seconds to Pin" game that is optional. Playing this part of the game is not required to enter, and does not affect your chances of winning.
* Grand prize is a one month supply of groceries, awarded in the form of a $500 Visa gift card. ARV $500.
* 5 first prizes, each consisting of of a Johnsonville Breakfast Kit containing one Johnsonville coffee mug, a microwave omelet maker, a $100 Visa gift card, and 10 packages of Johnsonville product, awarded in the form of 10 free product coupons. Total ARV $180, each prize package.
One entry per person, using only one Facebook account, regardless or method of entry. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 3, 2014.
Hamptons Lane Sonoma Culinary Getaway Sweepstakes
Entering this sweepstakes will subscribe you to emails from Hamptons Lane, Fodor’s, SHEfinds, and Time Out.
* Grand prize is a trip for two, including a three night stay at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, air fare, dinner for two at Sante restaurant at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, and more. Certain restrictions apply to travel dates, etc., so be sure to read the details in the rules.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 49 United States (excluding Rhode Island) and D.C., 21 or older. Ends November 3, 2014.
Prizes are as follows:
* Fastest person: Five $100 Domino's Pizza e-gift cards
* 2nd fastest person: $100 Domino's Pizza promo card
* 3rd fastest person: $50 Domino's Pizza promo card
* 4th fastest to 1,003rd fastest person: $10 Domino's Pizza promo card
* 1,004th to 11,003rd fastest person: $5 Domino's Pizza promo card
* 11,004th to 21,003rd fastest person: $4 Domino's Pizza promo card
* 21,004th to 35,003rd fastest person: $3 Domino's Pizza promo card
* 35,004th to 50,003rd fastest person: $2 Domino's Pizza promo card
You need only register once, then you will be contacted when it's time to play. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 13 or older.
This week brought two wins, for me. The first was a first prize win, one of 5,000 coupons for one dollar off on Charmin, from the "Charmin Relief at the Beach Sweepstakes." This sweeps was from the TGI Friday post of August 22. Hopefully, some of you heard from these folks, too, telling you of your win!
The second win was an instant win, from the "Cheerwine Legendary Giveback 2014 Instant-Win Game & Sweepstakes." This sweeps was posted on the Fan Giveaways! (No, Not That Kind) post from August 20. This sweeps is still active, until November first. My prize was one of 6,000 coupons for $1.50 off regular or diet Cheerwine. Though I can't win the same prize again, in this sweeps, I am still eligible to win one of each of the other instant win prizes!
A big thank you to both Charmin and Cheerwine for these!
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Today's sweeps offer some fabulous prizes! Something wonderful for the cook, a limited edition Captain America HTC phone, and some good old fashioned cash!
Zwilling J.A. Henckels “September Giveaway, Enter to Win a Staub 5.5qt, Dark Blue Round Cocotte with Steamer Insert” Sweepstakes
*Grand prize is one Staub 5.5 quart, Dark Blue Round Cocotte, and one Steamer Insert. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) $507.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends September 30, 2014.
HTC Captain America Winter Soldier DVD Release Sweepstakes
This sweeps has an instant win portion of the game that ends on October 19. Though you can play the instant win game daily, you are only allowed one entry into the main sweepstakes.
* 10 grand prizes of one HTC One (M8) limited edition Hydra class Captain America phone, each. ARV $599,each prize.
* 123 first place, instant win prizes (three each day) of one $5 Amazon.com gift code, each. ARV $5, each prize.
Limit of one sweepstakes prize and one instant win prize per person.
One sweepstakes entry per person/email address, one instant win play per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends December 31, 2014.
90 Days of Summer Dreams Instant Win Game & Sweepstakes
* Grand prize is a check for $5,000. ARV $5,000.
* 12 first prizes of a $500 Visa gift card, each. ARV $500, each prize.
Instant win prizes:
* 90 $90 Visa gift cards. ARV $90, each.
* 500 T-shirts. ARV $10, each.
* 12 $250 Visa gift cards. ARV $250, each.
One play per entrant per day, with the opportunity for up to five bonus entries in the sweepstakes. Open to entrants physically located in and permanent legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., United States Territories and Possessions or overseas military installations, who have reached the age of majority in entrant’s jurisdiction of residence. Ends September 17, 2014.
Save $5.00 when you spend $18.00 on Dial, Scotties®, Soft Scrub®, Theraflu®, and Triaminix products. See site for complete details
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Sometimes, when you're up to your elbows in finger paints, or covered in cookie dough, and stumbling over the toys that no one picked up after play time, you just need some adult time.
Sometimes, when you and your honey haven't had any time alone in so long that you forgot what you'd do with it anyhow, you just need some adult time.
Sometimes, when you and your galpals no longer have anything to talk about, outside of diaper disasters and belching babies, you just need some adult time.
Sometimes, when you run across just the right sweepstakes, you just might win some adult time.
Escape to Aspen Sweepstakes
* Grand prize is a four day/three night trip for two to attend the 2015 Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, scheduled for June 2015 in Aspen, Colorado. Includes air fare, accommodations, $2,500 spending money, and more. Total ARV $9,500.
* 2 monthly prizes (one for September, and one for October) of a Food & Wine 2014 Annual Cookbook, each. ARV $32.95, each prize.
One entry per person, with bonus entries available. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 21 or older. Ends October 31, 2014.
Bootprints’ Rafting and Beer Sweepstakes
* Grand prize consists of places for two people on the four day "Craft Beer trip on the Rogue River", and a $1,000 travel voucher. Total ARV $3,900.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents physically located in the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends September 30, 2014.
Toast on the Coast - Houlihan's Washington Wine Sweepstakes
* Grand prize is a two night trip for two to Seattle, Washington, with a Chateau Ste. Michelle vineyard day-trip; VIP Tour and lunch at vineyard; and more. ARV $3,200.
One entry per person/email address, with the opportunity for up to 4 bonus entries. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C., 21 or older. Ends September 30, 2014.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Though many people enter sweepstakes, most will not take the time to do it more than on the rare occasion. Chance entrants often simply stumble across something they think would be a fantastic item to win, they happen to have a few moments to spare, and the sweeps form is handy, so they will enter. Then they walk away and forget about it. There is no focus or intent to ever do it again, in these cases.
However, on the other end of the spectrum, are the more enthusiastic entrants. These are those who love to play the game, to its fullest capabilities. Sometimes, in the beginning, a lucky win will spark a passion, sometimes it's a desire for extra income, or the hope of winning a particular prize, or any number of other things.
In any event, these are those who can spot a sweepstakes worth entering, in the bat of an eye, and who will make a point to enter regularly, with an intent to win. These entrants know that winning sweepstakes is a reality. It's fun. It's a worthy endeavor. Entering is a relaxing way to take a break from the hectic activities of life. Some call it a hobby, some make it a career.
Generally speaking, once a person really gets into the game of sweepstakes, it will be a lifelong endeavor. Sure, you may quit for a while, and then you will come back to it, and then the cycle may repeat. Yet, in the end, there usually comes a day when you just keep going, earning win after win, and you leave behind any desire to ever give it up again.
However, successfully playing the game means playing the odds, and, of course, winning the game whenever you can. This may take a little practice, to develop your winning strategy. Of course, to practice, you must have the tools to get started. Outside of a good resource to find the sweeps you'd like to enter, (such as SweepstakingDreams.com), the tools you need may vary, depending on the rules of any individual sweepstakes, and how badly you'd like to win it.
There are several methods available for entering sweepstakes. Some can be entered with online methods, others using standard entry forms available through various venues (such as at stores carrying the sponsor's goods, or on the labels of the sponsor's products), and still others utilizing standard postal methods. If you have a cell phone, there is also a growing trend towards entry through text messaging.
Most sweepstakes will offer multiple means of entry. Many have both an online entry form, and an offline address to send entries via postal methods. The way you choose to enter is merely a matter of personal strategy, and may also have to do with the tools you have available. If you are new to sweepstaking, and wish to enter through multiple venues, there are a few basic items that will get you started effortlessly and with ease.
Obviously, nearly anyone who has access to a computer with online services can enter online sweepstakes, and someone with a cell phone can use text messaging.
For sweepstakes found in places of business and other venues, where you need to fill out forms on the spot, a good pen is a handy item to have on hand at all times. You never know when you, too, will stumble upon a sweepstakes form!
For postal methods, which is also a fairly popular method of entry, there are a few supplies that are generally accepted as standard throughout the industry, according to the official rules of most sweepstakes that utilize this method. These supplies can easily be found in the office supply section of almost any major store, or at your local post office.
If you have not yet done it, and wish to add postal entry to your repertoire of entry methods, this simple list of tools will get you started, and the rest is up to you!
Blank 3"x5" Cards
These are used as an entry form for filling out personal information, such as your name and address, and must be the type without any lines. These are sometimes referred to as index cards.
Blank 3"x5" Papers
When this is specified, it must be paper (not the stiff cards) in order to be qualified for entry.
Number 10 Envelopes
These are standard 4 1/8 x 9 1/2 inch business sized envelopes. If no specific size is stated in the rules, other sizes are acceptable, however, keeping these on hand is a good idea, as many sweepstakes will specify this size as a requirement for entry. Of course, you will also need stamps to go along with this method of entry.
You can buy these already stamped at your post office. They come in a standard size of 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. Occasionally official rules will specify using a different size, such as 4x6 inches, however, this is the exception rather than the rule.
In a nutshell, though no one of these things is absolutely required in order to enter sweepstakes, with these supplies on hand, you will have enough to give yourself a well-rounded realm of opportunity with multiple means of entry.
Monday, September 8, 2014
Today's sweeps offer some useful prizes, as in, things you could put to good use. Gift cards are always handy, as you can pick and choose just what you want to buy with your prize. Sometimes it's nice just to stock up on a few things, and sometimes it's even nicer to pick out something that will last for years to come.
Wyler's Light is again offering us some product and gift cards, too. Beverages can sometimes be difficult to keep up around the house, especially if you have kids, so this is another useful prize. Of course, the gift card is wonderful, too.
Along with these useful things, who couldn't use something beautiful for their home, to last for years to come? The Biltmore For Your Home sweeps offers just this!
Pre-game Shuffle Instant Win
* Grand prize is a $2,500 Walmart gift card and a $2,500 check. Total ARV $5,000.
Instant Win Prizes:
* 5 first prizes of one iPad, each. ARV $500, each prize.
* 5 second prizes of a $100 Walmart gift card, each. ARV $100, each prize.
* 5 third prizes of a $50 Walmart gift card, each. ARV $50, each prize.
* 150 fourth prizes of a $25 Walmart gift card, each. ARV $25, each prize.
One play per person/email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are at least 18 and the legal age of majority in their place of residence. Ends January 10, 2015.
Wyler's Light Rec Room Refresh
* Grand Prize is a $500 gift card to winner’s choice of either Lowe’s or Target, and one year’s supply of Wyler’s Light awarded in the form of 22 8-count boxes of Wyler’s Light Singles to Go and eight 12-quart canisters of Wyler’s Light. Total ARV $542.04.
* 8 Weekly Prizes of a $50 gift card to a retail store of Sponsor’s choice, and 12 8-count boxes of Wyler’s Light Singles to Go, each. Total ARV $63.20, each prize.
Non-winning entries do roll over into subsequent drawings. Limit of one weekly prize per person/email address/Facebook account/household, though weekly winners are still eligible to win the grand prize.
One entry per person/email address/Facebook account per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 29, 2014.
Biltmore For Your Home Accent and Artwork
* Grand prize is winner's choice of one of five Bitmore-inspired accent tables. In addition, winner will choose one of 270 prints reproduced from George Vanderbilt’s Library to be framed in a Biltmore custom frame. Total ARV $1,000.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends September 30, 2014.
For residents of AK, AL, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV and WY...
Ristorante Perfect Night In Tasty Triumphs
Sunday, September 7, 2014
After a great virtual party yesterday, a day of crappie fishing sounds like a fabulous way to spend the day, today. Hopefully, you also have an artistic way with your camera, to boot. If you do, you can enter today's contest for the chance to win a prize package worth over $300!
FishUSA.com and Crappie.com are looking for contestants to post their crappie pics for this contest. Though crappies are the subject, the contest is looking for the best picture, so your fish doesn't need to be the biggest one.
The prize package includes:
St. Croix Panfish Series Rod - Model PFS80LMF2 (8' 0", L, 2 pc.)
Shimano Sahara FE Spinning Reel - Model SH1000FE
FishUSA.com Logo Hoodie - Navy XL
FishUSA.com Flexfit Cool&Dry Hat - Black L/XL
FishUSA.com Classic T - Grey XL
YUM F2 Houdini Fry Soft Baits - 10 packs
Southern Pro Hot Head Jig Heads - 4 packs
Charlie Brewer's Crappie/Panfish Slider Grubs - 2 packs
Charlie Brewer's Weedless Crappie Slider - 1 pack
Your picture must include either the FishUSA.com logo, or a piece of paper with "FishUSA.com" written on it. No photoshopping or editing of pictures is allowed.
This contest ends at the end of October.
FishUSA.com Picture Contest Sept-Oct 2014
If you're in need of a little hair of the dog...
Master of the Manhattan Contest
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (236)
- ► 2015 (232)
- ▼ 09/07 - 09/14 (6)
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2007 (45)