Friday, May 9, 2014
Nearly anyone who has a few wins under their belt has used some type of strategy. These strategies are successful enough to be worth looking into. It's always helpful to hear what has worked for others. You may find something that piques your interest, and that you can integrate into your own strategy.
So, today, these videos offer winning tips that have worked for others, and that could work for you, too.
This first video has some insights on video and equipment, as well as strategies.
The second video is brief, however, he makes some good points.
For a good time...
Drinks After Work with Toby Keith Sweepstakes
Thursday, May 8, 2014
The days are heating up, and fresh air and sunshine are calling! So, today is a good day to get prepared for the incoming joys of summer.
Today's sweeps offer prizes just for that. Starting with the bug spray, of course, no summer is at its best without it. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and various other necessities are also tossed into the mix. Then, there's tons of summer fun. A new bike, a new jet ski, and a new boat. It sounds like one great summer lies ahead!
The Outdoors Misses You Instant Win Giveaway
This is an instant win game, with a total of 3,000 prizes being awarded, 150 each day.
* Each prize consists of one OFF! Deep Woods Insect Repellent VIII (Dry) in a 2.5 aerosol spray. ARV $3.18 each.
One play per person/household/email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or the legal age of majority in their state, or older.
BikeLife Kansas City Sweepstakes
* Grand prize is a Giant Escape 2 Bicycle. ARV $500.
One entry per person. Open to legal U.S. residents, over 18. Ends June 10, 2014.
Tradewinds Tea Piece of Paradise
* 8 grand prizes are being awarded of One Sea-Doo Spark in Orange crush color (SKU 61EA) equipped with the BRP Rotax 900 ACE engine, and a check for $2,183.14. Total ARV $7,277.14 each prize.
* 90 first prizes, awarded as an instant win, each consisting of A Tradewinds Paradise Pack. Pack includes one pair of flip-flops, one sunscreen, one beach ball, one canvas tote with beach mat, one paddle ball set, and one pair of sunglasses. ARV $43.06 each prize.
Limit of one instant win prize and one sweepstakes prize per person.
One play per person/email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 1, 2014.
Allstate Nitro Boat Giveaway
* Grand prize is a 2014 Nitro Z9 Boat with trailer, standard equipment and Mercury 250 HP motor. ARV $39,995.
One entry per person per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 15, 2014.
Get Bananas, Save 20% on them and then Get Inspired with 15 Creative Banana Recipes from SavingStar!
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
If you are a fan of jewelry, then you know that you can never have too much. Styles are virtually unlimited, so much to choose from! From bold colors and textures, to soft hues and hidden subtleties, to delicate feminine touches, there is something to suit any mood or occasion.
A good collection of jewelry makes any outfit more versatile. A different necklace, a few bangles, some chandelier earrings, or nearly any piece of your choice, will each create an entirely new look. It puts some fun into "getting ready," and being well-put-together adds a little boost in confidence.
If you need some new pieces to add to your collection, or even if you're just starting out, these sweeps are offering some great prizes in jewelry, and more!
Teardrop Fashion Set Giveaway
* 5 winners will each receive one teardrop fashion necklace and earrings set. No value is stated.
Rafflecopter entry. Open worldwide. Ends May 31, 2014.
Levian Spring Bling
* 2 grand prize winners will each receive their choice of one of three rings. ARV $2,500 USD each prize.
One entry per person. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), and the UK, 19 or older. Ends May 18, 2104.
A Dash of Diamonds a Pinch of Pearls Sweepstakes 2014
* Grand prize consists of a Ross-Simons $1,000 shopping spree; one Sugar Pearl Silver 7-qt. Pro Line Stand Mixer by KitchenAid; one Sugar Pearl Silver Pro Line Cordless Immersion Blender by KitchenAid and one White 60-oz. Diamond Vortex Blender by KitchenAid (all from cooking.com); and over $1,200 in pre-selected cookware from Calphalon. Total ARV $3,378.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence. Ends May 21, 2014.
For the chance to win a lovely sterling silver pendant...
May Giveaway: Win a Silver Claddagh Green CZ and CZ Pendant
Looking for great picks in designer fashion jewelry, without the hefty price tag? Check out The Barking Raccoon!
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Today's sweeps offer something for anybody! First, a selection of soaps from "Goat Milk Stuff" to start the day in a relaxing way. Then, a new washer and dryer, which of course you might need to try out that sample of laundry soap from the first sweeps. Lastly, a place for the kids to play while you get a few things done.
Sounds like the makings of a beautiful spring day...
In the end, you may win some new kitchen appliances, too!
May 2014 Soap Contest
* Three prizes are being awarded, consisting of 4 bars of "Goat Milk Stuff" Soap, 1 small lotion stick, 1 laundry soap trial, 1 tooth powder, and 1 small lip balm. ARV $45 each prize package.
Entries are gained either through placing an order, or through various social networking functions, such as a blog comment. Open to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older. Ends May 31, 2014.
This sweeps has a daily prize winner each day, with a grand prize drawing at the end.
* Grand Prize – A Maytag Electric freestanding range with convection oven (MER8700DS), ARV $949 - OR Maytag gas freestanding range with convection oven (MGR8700DS), ARV $1,049; Maytag stainless steel tub dishwasher with large capacity (MDB4949SDM), ARV $699; Maytag 2.0 cu. ft. over-the-range microwave with sensor cooking (MMV4205DS), ARV $369; Maytag 29 cu. ft. French door refrigerator (MFT2776DRM),ARV $2,799; Maytag 4.8 cu. ft. Bravos XL HE top load washer with cold wash cycle (MVWB880BW), ARV $899.99; and Maytag 7.3 cu. ft. Bravos XL HE dryer with window (MGDB880BW), ARV $999.99. Total ARV of grand prize is $6,715.98.
* 31 Daily Prizes of one of the following two prize packages at Sponsor’s
15 Prizes available - a Maytag 4.3 Cu. Ft. front-load steam washer (MHW6000AW), ARV $1,099.99, and a Maytag 7.4 Cu. Ft. steam electric dryer (MED6000AW), ARV $1,099.99;
16 prizes available - a Maytag Bravos XL 4.8 Cu. Ft. high-efficiency top-load washer (MVWB880BW), ARV $899.99, and a Maytag Bravos XL 7.3 Cu. Ft. steam electric dryer (MEDB880BW), ARV $899.99.
Maximum of four daily entries and four grand prize sweepstakes entries per person/email address per day (one each of four methods of entry). Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends May 31, 2014.
Hide-N-Slide Playhouse Giveaway
*Grand prize is a Hide-N-Slide Playhouse.
No value is stated, however, I found the same one on Amazon.com, currently listed at about six to seven hundred dollars.
Entry by "Giveaway Tool," so various tasks earn an entry (I like the daily entry using the "Word of the Day Bonus"). Open to U.S. and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), 18 or older. Ends May 31, 2014.
Win a 'Playing House' Survival Kit!
Monday, May 5, 2014
Though you may feel as if you're buried to your neck in work, these sweeps will give you a few moments of play, to brighten up your day!
Yet, with so many prizes, you may never get back to work... Oh, come on, now. We know better than that. What the heck, a little fun-break never hurt anybody! Happy Fun-Day!
Bic Soleil 100 Days of Giveaways
This sweeps has a different daily prize each day, and one overall grand prize. One daily prize is awarded Tuesday through Sunday, with 100 awarded each Monday. You are only allowed one daily win. If you've won a daily prize, you may still enter daily for the grand prize only.
* Grand Prize is $10,000.
*Daily prizes too numerous to mention, including prizes like a BIC Soleil Glow Razor Pack for today's prize, a one year Netflix subscription for 5/17, a Singer sewing machine on 5/22, a $500 American Express gift card on 6/19, and much more.
Facebook entry. One entry per person/email address per day, with a one-time bonus of 10 entries into the grand prize drawing when you upload a sunny picture. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends August 8, 2014.
Tasty Bite Fusion
* Grand prize is a Pedego Electric Bike. ARV $2,500.
* 50 second prizes of a Tasty Bite Kit. ARV $15.
Facebook entry, see rules for mail-in entry method. One entry per household per day. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, 18 or older as of April 9, 2014. Ends June 30, 2104.
Open Up a World of Sweetness
* This game has a new prize for each sweepstakes entry period (each approximately two weeks long or so). The current prize is a one year supply of Harry & David Fruit, awarded in the form of a $450 Harry & David gift card.
* The next entry period starts on May 15, 2014, with a prize of a one year supply of groceries, awarded in the form of 12 $150 Visa gift cards. ARV $1,800.
* The game also has an instant win aspect, which will award a total of 96 "first prizes." These consist of a Sweet Leaf Tea swag bag that includes: a $20 Tom's Shoes gift card, a tote bag, a poncho, a t-shirt, a koozie, stickers, temporary tattoos, pins, and chapstick. ARV $20.
Check the rules for details of all prizes.
One play per person/email address per day. Limit of one instant win prize and one sweepstakes prize per person. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 8, 2014.
For that thing you've always wanted...
Win a Radio Flyer All-Terrain Wagon
For Canadian residents, excluding Quebec...
Style at Home Contest
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Haiku. You either love it, or you do. Ok, well, maybe you don't know it yet, but, yes, you do. You love it, too.
What is Haiku, you ask? It's poetry, in a distinct form. Five syllables, then seven, then five once again. Conveying something that the reader connects with. Yet, it is so much more. It is an artistic work.
If you've never written in Haiku form before, perhaps this tutorial will help: How to write a Haiku poem: Haiku examples and tips
Here's one I wrote for fun (and on assignment) a while back...
Why do you want to write a Haiku now, you ask? Well, to express creativity, to have some fun, and to win publication and tons of publicity, of course! Read on to find out more...
The 2014 Haiku Invitational
This contest is in conjunction with the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. The theme for the contest is "Meet your neighbours." More specifically, they want you to incorporate a spin on this quote from Haiku poet Kobayashi Issa: “Under the cherry tree there is no stranger." Hence, they ask how cherry blossoms bring you closer to others.
* Prize includes publication in "Vancouver Courier" community newspaper, "The Bulletin" magazine, "Haiku Canada" newsletter, online publication in "Ripples", the newsletter of the Haiku Society of America, printing in a chapbook hand-folded and bound by Victoria-based Leaf Press and publication on the VCBF website.
Celebrity readings of winning Haiku, and publicity at other events are also part of the prize package.
This contest has six main categories for entrants:
You may enter up to two previously unpublished Haiku for this contest. Ends June 2, 2014.
For residents of Singapore...
The New Age Parents Coverpage Kid Photo Contest
Posted by Jennifer L. Thompson at 8:30 AM
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (236)
- ► 2015 (232)
- ▼ 05/04 - 05/11 (6)
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2007 (45)