Friday, March 13, 2015
The rules. The rules. The rules. Yes, I often get into a lot of detail about the rules. "Who cares about the rules?" you may ask. Well, there are a number of reasons why anyone serious about sweepstakes would care. These reasons go much further than just being a good sport, or simply playing a fair game.
One of the more obvious reasons for knowing what is in the rules of a sweepstakes, is to avoid disqualification. If you'd really like to win, or even if you don't care to waste your time filling out entries that won't ever win a thing, it's good to know if you meet the qualifications to enter a given sweepstakes. This just makes sense.
Another, perhaps less thought about reason, is that when you check that little box that says "I agree to the official rules," you are entering into a legal contract. If you don't know what the contract that you're signing says, you could be setting yourself up for a headache.
Though the following scenarios may be more rare than not, they can happen, legally. For instance, let's say a certain set of sweepstakes rules says that the winner is not allowed to sell the prize. Said winner did not read the rules, and entered with thoughts of selling the prize, if won. If said winner then follows through with selling the prize, this could be the basis for a lawsuit against the winner. Yes, you read that right. Not abiding by the rules could get you sued.
In another, perhaps less distressing instance (maybe not), someone who wins used multiple email addresses to enter, when only one is allowed. Whoops. It comes up, the prize may be forfeited, and the person may be banned from future sweepstakes by that particular sponsor. What a drag that would be for anyone who loves to play the game, and certainly not worth it.
In still another instance, Sweepstakes with travel prizes regularly contain specific information about who can travel with the winner (often pertaining to age and/or relationship to winner, if travel partner could be a minor), so it pays to take note of these things, too. This can avoid the disappointment of having to leave a travel partner behind, that you really wanted to come with you!
In yet another case, vehicle prizes may require the winner to have a driver's license and insurance, among other things. Without these, the winner cannot claim the prize.
Though these scenarios are simply hypothetical, they are based upon [yours truly] reading myriads of real sets of rules (off and on over a time frame spanning more than 20 years), and what is contained therein. You know that similar scenarios have likely come up in the past, for them to be significant enough to be a part of the rules, now. Some poor soul likely set the precedence.
On the other hand, sweepstakes rules are governed by law. These laws regulate how sweepstakes rules must be portrayed, even to the extent that certain things (such as "no purchase necessary') must be in capital letters, etc. To the extent possible, these laws are designed to protect those who enter. The game is designed to be as safe and as fair as it can be, and hence, it's a fun game to play.
Though each country, state, territory, etc., may have its own laws regarding sweepstakes, you don't need to know all the laws to play (whew!). A good set of rules will tell you everything you need to know.
Still, there is no need to be fanatical or obsessive. Generally speaking, the main qualifying points, such as age and location, followed by entry guidelines (how often you may enter, etc.), often give you what you need to know in order to play. Regularly, these main points are even conveniently displayed on the entry page. What luck!
In the end, if worst comes to worst, and you win a sweeps for which you didn't read the rules, you can generally go back and check the rules to be sure you're in compliance, and decline the prize if you need to. You wouldn't need to, though, now would you ; )
For more about how sweepstakes and contest rules are regulated, check out Rules For Operation of Contests and Sweepstakes: Legal Guide U-3, from the state of California.
For the chance to win an RV, and other good stuff...
2015 Hello Camping World RV Sweepstakes
Spring time, bike time!...
501 Frontier Giveaway
Thursday, March 12, 2015
It's time for another round of instant wins! Yay! No waiting for a week, a month, or even a year to find out if you are a lucky winner, woot! Yet, even if you don't win today, there's still a sweepstakes in the end, and you could win it, too! Gosh, the thrill of it all!
Great Gummy Giveaway
To enter online for the grand prize, you must purchase a participating Nature’s Way Gummy product, and upload a pic of your receipt. Certain stipulations apply (like you must sign it and circle the product you purchased, among other things), so be sure to check the rules before uploading your receipt. Also check the rules for free entry instructions (without purchase), by U.S. mail. You can still play the instant win, without entering for the grand prize.
* Grand prize is a $5,000 shopping spree, awarded in the form of a check. ARV $5,000.
Instant Win Prizes:
* 40 - $50 pre-paid card. ARV $50.
* 100 - $25 pre-paid card. ARV $25.
* 350 - $10 pre-paid card. ARV $10.
One play per day, with bonus entries available. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and Puerto Rico, 18 or older. Ends June 1, 2015.
The Hot Wheels Join Team Hot Wheels Sweepstakes
This sweeps requires a code to enter. You can find codes on specially marked Hot Wheels products, or you can get one through a link on the entry page.
* The Grand Prize winner will receive an “Ultimate Racing” package that consists of an assortment of Hot Wheels gear, including: HOT WHEELS Bike, HOT WHEELS Scooter, HOT WHEELS Helmet, HOT WHEELS HIGH JUMP FRENZY vehicle, HOT WHEELS EXTREME ACTION SHARKRUISER Vehicle, HOT WHEELS FLIP TOWER Stunt, HOT WHEELS CROSSROAD CRASH Stunt, HOT WHEELS SIDE SHOT LAUNCHER Stunt, HOT WHEELS Rocket Launcher Stunt, HOT WHEELS TRIPLE BLAST ALLEY Stunt, HOT WHEELS Exploding Shed Stunt, HOT WHEELS CRATE CRASH Stunt, HOT WHEELS Alien Launcher Stunt, HOT WHEELS Hoop Shot Stunt, HOT WHEELS LIFT & LAUNCH Stunt, HOT WHEELS QUICK KICK LOOP Stunt, HOT WHEELS DAREDEVIL DROP Stunt, HOT WHEELS Cannon Blaster Stunt, HOT WHEELS STUNT BARREL Stunt, HOT WHEELS VOLCANO BLOWOUT Stunt, HOT WHEELS TOTAL TURBO TAKEOVER Stunt, HOT WHEELS DRAGON BLAST CHALLENGE Play Set, HOT WHEELS COLOR SPLASH SCIENCE LAB Play Set, HOT WHEELS Straight Track, two HOT WHEELS TRACK ESSENTIALS Gravity Packs, HOT WHEELS TRACK ESSENTIALS Bridge Pack, HOT WHEELS FAN MAN Stunt, HOT WHEELS SPIRAL STACK-UP Starter Set, and HOT WHEELS 50 Car Pack. Total ARV $542.50.
Instant Win Prizes:
* 400 Prize Pack 1 Instant Winners will each receive one of each of the following items: HOT WHEELS 4 Pack of Track, HOT WHEELS FLIP TOWER Stunt, HOT WHEELS CROSSROAD CRASH Stunt, HOT WHEELS SIDE SHOT LAUNCHER Stunt, HOT WHEELS Rocket Launcher Stunt, HOT WHEELS TRIPLE BLAST ALLEY Stunt, HOT WHEELS Hoop Shot Stunt, HOT WHEELS LIFT & LAUNCH Stunt, HOT WHEELS SPIRAL STACK-UP Starter Set, HOT WHEELS DRAGON BLAST CHALLENGE Stunt, HOT WHEELS COLOR SPLASH SCIENCE LAB Play Set, and HOT WHEELS HOT WHEELS TRACK ESSENTIALS Gravity Pack. Total ARV $123.37, each.
* 2,050 Prize Pack 2 Instant Winners will each receive: One HOT WHEELS SPIRAL STACK-UP Starter Set. ARV $24.99, each.
* 50 Prize Pack 3 Instant Winners will each receive one of each of the following items: HOT WHEELS HIGH JUMP FRENZY vehicle and HOT WHEELS EXTREME ACTION SHARKRUISER Vehicle. Total ARV $62.98, each.
One entry per email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends May 19, 2015.
2015 AEO & Aerie Spring Try-On Event
* Grand prize is A 1971 Volkswagen Westfalia, and $10,000 USD road trip spending money, and $13,500 USD to use toward taxes. Total ARV $58,500 USD.
Instant Win Prizes:
* 7,000 First prizes of AEO shorts, awarded as a digital code, each. ARV $49.95 USD, each.
* 4,100 Second prizes of an Aerie bathing suit, awarded as a digital code, each. ARV $49.95 USD, each.
One play per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and Canada, 18 or older. Ends March 18, 2015.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
I used to have a nice, large, upright freezer... which I loved. Then we had the number one record flood in the area. The "powers that be" shut off the electricity for about a month, while the water was at its highest, and then receding. I lost a freezer full of food, and the freezer itself was ruined (Among other losses. Luckily, the house sits on stilts, and is high enough that no water has ever come inside the house. What a blessing!).
I was able to buy a replacement freezer. However, it's not nearly as nice, nor nearly as large.
Replacing large appliances can sometimes be difficult. Hence, today's sweepstakes come to save the day! Yay!
Frigidaire and Green Giant "Make-Ahead Meals" Sweepstakes
* Grand prize: Both winner and one friend or family member of winner will each receive a Frigidaire 2-in-1 Freezer/Refrigerator (model FGVU21F8QF, MSRP $1299) and a one year supply of Green Giant frozen vegetables awarded in the form of 25 coupons, each redeemable for one package of Green Giant bagged frozen vegetables (value up to $3.05 per coupon, total maximum ARV $76.25), and 25 coupons, each redeemable for one package of Green Giant boxed frozen vegetables (value up to $2.25 per coupon, total maximum ARV $56.25).
Total maximum ARV $2,865 ($1,432.50 for winner and $1,432.50 for the chosen friend or family member).
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C., at least 18 and the age of majority in their place of residence. Ends March 25, 2015.
The March Frozen Food Month Freezer Giveaway
* 4 Grand prizes of a Hussmann 6.73 cu. ft. glass top freezer, each. ARV $1,000, each.
10 entries per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends March 31, 2015.
2015 You Pick Three Giveaway
You can also enter this sweeps here, for a second daily entry.
* One grand prize winner each month will have the opportunity choose, from a list of select GE appliances, three GE Appliances with an aggregate MSRP of up to $5,000; plus each grand prize winner receive a check for an additional $200 for installation. Total ARV up to $5,200.
Two entries per person/email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 21 or older. Ends May 31, 2015.
For the chance to win a freezer, and a bunch of goodies to put in it...
Zaycon Foods Keepin' It Fresh Sweepstakes
For your chance at a GE Refrigerator filled with Louisiana products...
Southern Fridge Sweepstakes
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Today's sweepstakes are all about those little necessities of everyday life. Things like razors are something that nearly anybody can use, along with beauty products from Family Dollar for the ladies (of course the tablet doesn't hurt one bit).
Then there's those first aid products, for the little cuts and scrapes that life will sometimes bring. Of course, if you're an avid gardener, then today's bonus offers a nice library to reference whenever you so desire.
There is something for everyone!
Bic Simply Soleil Click Sweepstakes
* 50 prizes awarded each week, of one BIC Simply Soleil Click razor package, each. ARV $6.99, each.
One entry per person/email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends April 5, 2015.
Family Dollar Fabulous Spring Sweepstakes
* Grand prize includes a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7-Inch, White); one gift box inclusive of products from Sponsor and Sponsor’s partners; and a virtual beauty session with a Sponsor selected vlogger. Total ARV $280.
* 3 First prizes of one gift box inclusive of products from the Sponsor and Sponsor’s partners, each. ARV $110, each.
One entry per person, with bonus entries available. Open to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding AK, HI, OR, Puerto Rico, and WA) and D.C., 18 or older. Ends March 30, 2015.
Play to Win with #TeamPuracynPlus Giveaway
* 3 Winners will each receive a Puracyn Plus Sport Emergency Kit Including:
Puracyn Plus Duo-Care Wound & Skin Cleanser
Under Armour Clutch
Purple medical tape
Stanley 68-012 All-in-One Screwdriver
$50 gift card to a sporting goods store of the winner's choice
Total ARV $296.49, each.
One entry per person/email address/household. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding RI) and D.C., 18 or older.
For a bundle of gardening books...
Win Gardening Books from Storey Publishing!
Monday, March 9, 2015
As any homebody can attest to, home is just a fun place to be. So much to do, so much to enjoy, never a dull moment. You can add a little this or that for a change of scenery, when you have the urge, or you can leave it as it is for the time being, if you'd like to just relax and enjoy it for a while. It's your choice, it's your space!
Still, part of the fun is putting it all together in such a way so as to express your family's personality, or your own sense of personal style. Of course, it is an ever-evolving process. As you and/or your family evolve and grow, so will your household needs.
Hence, today's sweepstakes offer prizes to add something new around the house. What luck!
Red Baron Flavor Madness Prize Giveaway
* Grand prize is a New widescreen TV, Samsung UN50H6350 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV or similar model. ARV $1,000.
* 4 Second prizes of a Year's Supply (2 per month) of Free Red Baron Thin & Crispy Pizza (24 Coupons), each. ARV $176.76, each.
* 10 Runner up prizes of 12 Red Baron Thin & Crispy Pizza Coupons, each. ARV $83.88, each.
Single entry. Open to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older. Ends March 25, 2015.
BrylaneHome Naples Hall Tree Giveaway
* Grand prize is a BrylaneHome Naples Hall Tree. ARV $349.99.
One entry per person/email address, with bonus entries available. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends May 5, 2015.
The Let’s Get Dinner Done Instant Win Game and Sweepstakes
Some of you may recall this sweeps from last year. Though this is much the same, it is the 2015 sweeps.
* Grand prize is a kitchen makeover, awarded as a $15,000 check.
* Instant win prizes are as follows:
5 - A Sponsor-selected mini food-processor, each. ARV $50, each.
5 - A Sponsor-selected bake ware set, each. ARV $40, each.
5 - A Sponsor-selected 7-quart Dutch oven, each. ARV $40, each.
10 - A Sponsor-selected 4-cup French press, each. ARV $30, each.
20 - A Sponsor-selected kitchen utensil set, each. ARV $20, each.
20 - A Sponsor-selected cutting board set, each. ARV $22, each.
50 - A Sponsor-selected $25 gift card, each. ARV $25, each.
50 - A Sponsor-selected set of two liquid measuring cups, each. ARV $18, each.
50 - A Sponsor-selected set of three mixing bowls, each. ARV $25, each.
75 - A Sponsor-selected set of four stainless steel dry measuring cups, each. ARV $10. each.
75 - A Sponsor-selected set of two. trivets, each. ARV $10, each.
One play per person/email address per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends December 31, 2015.
Open to residents of WI, IL, IN, OH, GA, MN, IA, KS, MO, NE, CO, SD, ND, UT, ID, NV, AZ, OR, WA, 21 or older...
2015 Home and Garden Shows "Reimagine Your Living Space with Kathy Ireland" Sweepstakes
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (236)
- ▼ 03/08 - 03/15 (5)
- ► 2014 (315)
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2007 (45)