Friday, August 29, 2014
I will be off for the holiday weekend, so today kicks it all off, with a variety. Regular posts will resume on Tuesday. In the meantime, there are still plenty of sweeps open in previous posts, to keep those wins coming! Remember to scroll back through to get your daily entries in!
Labor Day Grilling Tips & Kitchen Aid Mixer Giveaway
Absolut Vodka Absolut Summer Sweepstakes
So you don't miss out on Sunday's usual contest post...
Upickem Pro Football Contest
Last week I received a text from the Sparkling Fruit2O Sweepstakes, telling me that I am a monthly winner. The prize is a coupon for a free bottle of Sparkling Fruit2O. You can enter this sweeps daily until November 30, 2014, by texting the word "Sparkle" to short code 35350, or on the Fruit2O Facebook page. Grand prize is a spa day for four at Indian Springs Resort and Spa in Calistoga, CA. Thanks, Fruit2O!
Also, thanks to Wyler's Light! I was informed today that I am one of 100 daily winners in the "Wyler's Light Movie Night" sweepstakes. This was in the Virtual Dinner and a Movie, with Some Time to Catch Up! post. This prize is four Fandango movie ticket vouchers, and two 8-count boxes of Wyler’s Light Singles to Go.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Today's sweepstakes offer the makings of a beautiful morning out on the river. Peaceful and serene, yet intensely satisfying.
Pack a lunch before heading out...
Little Debbie "Pack a Lunch They'll Love" Giveaway
* Grand prize is $5,000 Scholarship, awarded in the form of a check, and two Limited Edition Collectors Lunch Boxes. Total ARV $5,050.
* 45 weekly first prizes (5 each week) of one Limited Edition Collectors Lunch Box, and one Little Debbie Products prize pack, each. ARV $30, each prize package.
* 45 weekly second prizes (5 each week) of one Little Debbie Products Prize Pack, each. ARV $10, each prize package.
One entry per person per day. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and Canada (excluding Quebec) 18 or older (19 in Al and NE) and/or the legal age of majority in their province of residence. Ends September 12, 2014.
Head out in the kayak, to explore those hidden channels...
Release the Kraken Sweepstakes
* Grand prize is a Jackson Kayak Kraken and a GoPro camera. ARV $2200.
* Four weekly prizes randomly drawn from weekly entries of Thermorest gear:
Week 1. Therm-a-Rest Auriga Blanket, NeoAir Xlite Mattress, Universal Sheet.
Week 2. Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot.
Week 3. Therm-a-Rest Antares 20F Down Sleeping Bag and NeoAir All Season mattress.
Week 4. Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite UltraLite Cot and Bug Shelter (the Bug Shelter will be launched in 2015, so maybe subject to delay in shipping).
No values are stated for weekly prizes.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends September 22, 2014.
Find that secret hotspot, and fish to your heart's content...
Win an Assortment of Gene Larew Baits
* 5 winners will each receive an assortment of baits, including the 6 inch Salt Flick’R, the 4.25 inch Biffle Bug, the 4.5 inch Hoodaddy Jr. and the 4.25 inch Rattlin’ Crawler with rattles. No ARV is stated.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal U.S. residents, 13 or older (or possibly 18 or older, depending upon applicable laws). Ends September 9, 2014.
Save 75¢ on any ONE (1) Musselman’s® Apple Sauce Squeezers. Only at select stores. See site for details
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Though it may be a bittersweet transition for those who haven't yet had their fill of summer, Football season is here again. Millions of delighted fans are transitioning from summertime fun to tailgating, team celebrating, and Monday Night Football, once again.
This means the season of football sweepstakes is beginning, too!
Win the Great Clips Indianapolis Colts VIP Experience Sweepstakes
For this sweeps, you must enter the code COLTS on the entry form. You can also enter by texting “COLTS” to shortcode “GREAT” (47328). One entry per mobile address by this method.
* 8 grand prize winners will each receive a prize package including the following:
Game day escorted VIP Tour of Colts Training Facility at Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center
Two home game day tickets
Stadium parking pass
Acknowledgement on the Lucas Oil Stadium’s two jumbotrons and PA
Commemorative souvenir football
Total ARV $585 each prize package.
One Website entry per IP address. Open to U.S. residents, 8 or older (ages 8-13 years must be registered by a parent who is at least 18). Ends December 4, 2014.
Blitz to Win Sweepstakes
For this sweeps, you will pick the grand prize that you want when you enter. Choices are an entertainment package, or an appliance package. Each grand prize will have one winner. Daily prizes and weekly prizes are also being awarded, though you are required to enter each day and/or week for these, as entries do not roll over into subsequent drawings.
There are four ways to enter this sweeps. Through the above link, through hhgregg's Facebook page, through your mobile device, and through an app, which you can find through the official rules.
* Grand Prize #1 – An LG Entertainment Package consisting of an LG 55” 3D OLED TV (55EA9800) (ARV $4,299.99), an LG 42” 1080p Smart HDTV (42LB5800) (ARV $449.99), and an LG 1,460-Watt 9.1 3D
Smart Blu-Ray Home Theater (BH9431PW) (ARV $799.99). Total ARV $5,549.97.
* Grand Prize #2 – An LG Appliance Package consisting of an LG 31 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator (LFX31925ST) (ARV $3,199.99), an LG 30” Stainless Steel Double Oven Gas Range (LDG3035ST) (ARV $1,599.99), an LG 24” Stainless Steel Dishwasher (LDS5040ST) ($699.99), an LG 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1,000-Watt Stainless Steel OTR Microwave (LMV1683ST) (ARV $249.99), an LG 5.2 Cu. Ft. Graphite Steel Steam Front-Load Washer (WM8000HVA) (ARV $1,499.99), an LG 9 Cu. Ft. Graphite Steel TrueSteam Electric
Dryer (DLEX8000W) (ARV $1,399.99). Total ARV $8,649.94.
Weekly entry periods are as follows:
Weekly Entry Period # 1 8/23/14 – 8/30/14.
Weekly Entry Period # 2 8/31/14 – 9/6/14.
Weekly Entry Period # 3 9/1/14 – 9/15/14.
* Weekly Entry Period # 1 prize is an LG 47” LED Smart HDTV (47LB6300). ARV $999.99.
* Weekly Entry Period # 2 prize is an LG 55” LED Smart HDTV (55LB6300). ARV $1,299.99.
* Weekly Entry Period # 3 prize is an LG 65” LED Smart HDTV (65LB7100). ARV $2,599.99.
* Daily prizes (one awarded each day) include an LG 3D Wifi Smart Blu-Ray Player (BP340) (ARV $99.99);an LG 42” 1080p Smart HDTV (42LB5800) (ARV $449.99); a $500 hhgregg Gift card; and more.
Three daily sweeps entries per person/email address per day, regardless of method of entry. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends September 15, 2014.
Coors Light Score the Silver Seats 2014 Football Promotion
You will need a keyword to enter this sweeps, which can be found in your local area on Coors promotional materials. If you do not have one, you can use the keyword "KICKOFF.”
This sweeps also has "entry periods," for which 13 individual prizes are also offered, though no dates are specified for these. These prizes are each for a three day/two night trip for four, each to a specific game, with various teams and locations. See rules for details.
* Grand prize is a $5,000 StubHub gift certificate. ARV $5,000.
* 110 first prizes of a Coors Light chrome cooler with speakers, each. ARV $299, each prize.
* 44 second prizes of a set of Coors Light Silver Stadium Seats, each. ARV $295 each prize.
* 154 third prizes of a $100 StubHub gift certificate, each. ARV $100 each prize.
One play per person/phone number/email address per day. Open to legal U.S. residents, 21 or older. Ends December 31, 2014.
Play Free Fantasy Football, and enter to win a cash prize of $10,000! Sweeps begins September 4, 2014.
CBSSports.com Free Fantasy Football
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Though today's post may be brief, there are still some great prizes to be had!
Sports Illustrated “Go RVing Elevate Your Tailgate” Sweepstakes
This is a daily entry sweeps with a grand prize valued at $75,344.99, ending on November 15, 2014. Open to legal U.S. and D.C. residents, 18 or older. Grand prize includes an RV and a cooler. 10 first prize winners will each receive a swag pack valued at $123. If you won this one, you'd have a fabulous vehicle for watching the races from the infield!
Craftsman Made to Race 2014 Restoration Roll-Out Sweepstakes
This sweeps ends on November 7, 2014, though you must become a member of the Craftsman Club to enter. Once you do, be sure to check the rules for instructions on how you can then enter daily with social networking hashtags!
If you win, you and your lucky guest will be whisked away for a three night trip to the 2015 Indy 500! I was at the Centennial Indy 500 race, for the track's 100th anniversary, and this is one race you don't want to miss!
This sweeps is open to legal U.S. and D.C. residents, 21 or older.
Monday, August 25, 2014
If your hair is anything like mine, the weather will have its way with you. You can primp and preen all you want, but just walk outside, and your hair is no longer your own. As of late, the hot and humid weather has me looking nice and frizzy, as if fuzzy dice were my only styling tool.
Luckily, these sweeps offer some much needed help in the hair department.
The VO5 $5,000 Hot Oil Hot Summer Sweepstakes
* Grand Prize package includes $2,500 (awarded in the form of a check), a one year supply of VO5 Hot Oil Therapy and Salon Series Products including Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Products (awarded as 84 Free Product Coupons, delivery of actual product or combination of both). Total ARV $2759.92.
* 4 first prizes, each including $300 (awarded in the form of a check), a one year supply of VO5 Hot Oil Therapy and Salon Series Products including Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Products (awarded as 84 Free Product Coupons, delivery of actual product or combination of both). Total ARV $559.92, each prize.
One entry per internet-connected device per day, no shared email addresses (this is to the best of my understanding. The exact wording in the rules is "Limit of one (1) entry via Website per Internet-connected device per day during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address.") Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends October 31, 2014.
Julien Farel Style Suite Sweepstakes
* Grand prize winner will receive the following: Julien Farel Anti-Aging Vitamin Restore, Julien Farel Anti-Aging Shampoo, Julien Farel Anti-Aging Conditioner, Julien Farel Anti-Aging De-Frizz Relaxing Balm, Julien Farel Anti-Aging Flexible Gel, Julien Farel Dryer, Julien Farel Dryer Bag, Julien Farel Round Brush, YSL Product. Total ARV $473.
One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends September 15, 2014.
Great Clips 2014 Free Haircuts for a Year Sweepstakes
To enter this sweeps via text: U.S. residents text “HAIRCUT” to “GREAT” (47328) via mobile device, Canadian residents text “HAIRCUT” to 77777.
* 12 monthly winners (5 remaining) will each receive a $100 Great Clips gift card. ARV $100.
The only entry limit stated in the rules is - One entry per mobile address. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents, 18 or older. Ends December 31, 2014.
Ending August 31...
Summer Curls in a Flash Giveaway
If you'll be in Georgia in late October, I'd bet you'd find some great hair giveaways, here...
World Natural Hair Health & Beauty Show
Sunday, August 24, 2014
In 2009, Bassmasters Elite held a tournament in the local area, here on the Mississippi River. I had the opportunity to get a number of shots (with my camera) of the participants in their boats out on the river, as well as to go to the weigh-in ceremony for even more. In the end, I was also fortunate enough to get an interview with the winner, Kevin Short.
This article was previously published on the Yahoo! Contributor Network, however, with them recently closing the doors (as did Helium.com), it seemed appropriate to post this here, now.
To thralls of avid fans, the Bassmasters Tournaments are the ultimate in angling competitions (though some would still call it fishing). Many an angler dreams of the day he or she will participate, and take home that big win!
Many thanks, again, to Kevin Short, and to Bassmasters Elite.
Interview with Kevin Short
Bassmaster Elite Series professional angler Kevin Short has recently made his most victorious catch to date with taking the trophy at Fort Madison, Iowa in the Genuity River Rumble, broadcast on ESPN earlier this year. With six years of professional angling under his belt, it took a lot of fishing expertise and talent (and 43lbs. 3oz. of bass), to bag that big one.
Kevin affably agreed to share some of what his professional angling experience has taught him, his favorite way to cook fish, and his goals for the 2010 season in this interview.
Jennifer: What do you find to be the key to successful professional angling?
Kevin: There are more factors that go into being a successful angler than meets the eye. The deeper I got into the sport, the more I realized that “luck” plays very little in the outcome of many tournaments and in many pros careers in the long run. Sure, there are times when the ball just bounces your way, but over the course of several years, those bounces may not add up to a lot of money. The major keys for me have been a blend of marketing savvy, support from my wife, Kerry, and spending countless hours on the water.
Jennifer: If you were stranded on an island and could only take three critical pieces of fishing equipment, what would your choices be?
Kevin: I would have to have a 7 foot, medium action St. Croix spinning rod, an Ardent spinning reel spooled with 8 pound Vicious Fluorocarbon, and a silver CC spoon. I feel like I could take those three items around the world and catch something everywhere I stopped.
Jennifer: What is your favorite way to cook bass?
Kevin: We don’t actually eat the bass that we catch. Honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve eaten a bass. Never have been real fond of the way they taste. Crappie, bluegill, walleye, redfish, or snapper are all on the menu, though. It’s a toss-up on fried for the smaller panfish or grilled with a little Tony Cachere’s sprinkled on for the bigger redfish or snapper.
Jennifer: What can we look forward to seeing from you in the 2010 season?
Kevin: In 2010, I want to continue the success I had in 2009 and work to even out and elevate my performance level. One of the hardest things to do on the Elite Series Trail is be consistent throughout the season and across the schedule. We visit so many varied fisheries over the course of the year and the guys who catch them every week are those who wind up at the top of the standings at the end of the year. I want to be one of “those guys” in 2010.
Best wishes to Kevin on achieving his goals, and in making 2010 a great season.
Follow Kevin Short on Facebook
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (236)
- ► 2015 (232)
- ▼ 08/24 - 08/31 (6)
- ► 2010 (10)
- ► 2007 (45)