Monday, January 5, 2015

The HGTV Dream Home is Back!



The holidays are over, the new year has begun, and, it's time, once again, for the HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes! This sweepstakes truly gives one winner a dream come true.

I have been following this sweepstakes for at least ten years, probably more. Each year I enter quite regularly. Yet, I don't expect to win it. Still, I do dream about the win : )

I think, "Wow, would this be an exciting win!" Then, my thoughts turn to taxes, and closing costs, and all the other expenses associated with winning a two million dollar plus prize package that includes a home, and I doubt that I could really afford to win it. I would definitely take the cash prize option. I could still buy a really nice place, or expand the house we have, with $1,450,000!

Then I continue to think about this beautiful home... "Well, if I did win, I could at least say I owned it for a few minutes, before I had to turn it down and let someone else own this fabulous prize." Then, of course, my mind runs through all the possibilities. Could I sell it before the taxes were due? Would there be some way for me to leverage my assets in order to pay the costs associated with the win? Then, of course, my mind runs through all the associated possibilities...

In the mean time, I still love this sweepstakes. I love the suspense, while we wait to learn where it will be located. I love touring the home each year, through the virtual technology used on the site. I love seeing what designs their team has decided to use, and what colors, materials, and everything else they've come up with.

I love thinking about what I would do in the area that it's located, if it were mine. In the end, I always think the neighbors would look down on me, for becoming a part of their community by means of the big win. I would probably be snubbed. I'd be one happy woman in my multi-million dollar home, though, and I'd still have my wonderful family, so it really wouldn't matter!

Then, I come back to the same thing..."Nah, I'd still enjoy the cash prize, so much more!"

This year's Dream Home is located in the northeastern United States. I hope you enjoy it, too! Along with it come two sweepstakes with prizes you could enjoy, in your new home, or in your current home!


HGTV Dream Home

You can also enter this sweepstakes daily at www.frontdoor.com.

* Grand prize is the home, located in Edgartown, Massachusetts, (the “HGTV Dream Home”), featured in the “HGTV Dream Home” special (including home furnishings and merchandise). ARV $2,265,000.00; $250,000 cash. ARV $250,000; and a GMC Acadia Denali. ARV $52,680.

Grand prize winner has the option of choosing the alternate prize of $1,450,000. With this option, winner still receives the Denali and the $250,000.

One entry per person/email address per Website per day. See rules for unlimited entries by mail. Open to legal residents of the U.S. and its territories, possessions and commonwealths, 21 or older as of December 29, 2014. Ends February 17, 2014.


Brylane Home Double Gift Card Giveaway

* 2 prizes of one $500 Brylane Home gift card, each. ARV $500, each prize.

One entry per person/email address. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends February 16, 2015.


Bonne Maman Jar a Day for New Year's Giveaway

* One prize awarded each day, consisting of one coupon for a free 13 oz jar of Bonne Maman Preserves.

One entry per person per day. Open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 or older. Ends January 31, 2014.


Winning News

My first win of 2015 was a second place win. The prize was a 75 cents off coupon for a bag of Ricola, from the Enter to Win Some Healthy Sweepstakes post of December 19th. The rules state that I am still eligible to win a first place prize, too!





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive